Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dinner for a week

I have decided that this week I am going to focus on dinner; most of the time some sort of plan is made regarding this meal, however this week I am really going to focus on making it better. Nick and I have only been able to eat dinner together a night or two during the work week for two years- now I am done with work and can spend a bit more time preparing for this special and not-so-rare-anymore occasion. Plus with my trip to the doctor last week I have decided that, while I might not completely overhaul my diet, there is definite room for improvement in my eating habits and planning in advance and being accountable would be helpful for me.

Thus, I declare that I will make "dinner for a week", meaning that I am going to plan and prepare a meal for us each night this week. I won't guarantee that they will be completely healthy or protein-rich, carb-free, low-fat, or anything like that...but they will be a meal. A meal...not just one item, but a variety of cohesive foods that *hopefully* include all food groups.

Now I know none of you really care what we eat each night, but I will be reporting my menu and recipe each day here on my blog because it will help me to actually follow through with my plan and mostly because this is my blog and I can if I want to! Plus maybe, just maybe, it will give someone out there an idea for dinner someday. :)

Check back tonight for DAY ONE's report on Crock Pot Lasagna!

1 comment:

CK Morgan said...

great! We are always looking for dinner ideas. Crock pot lasagna sounds really good.