Monday, November 8, 2010

Day One

Day One of full-time stay-at-home-hood:

Got out of bed about 7am. Made Nicholas a lunch and got my running clothes on after a weather report from my mom. Ran 5 miles with my mom- it was hard today. I got a Diet Dr. Pepper with vanilla from Sonic on the way home :)

Showered, had breakfast, took a nap while "watching" The View.

Got dressed, sent an email out for work (and messed around on the computer a bunch), went to Kroger.

TANGET ON KROGER: I have always preferred Kroger to Randalls, but with our nice HEB so close I hardly go anywhere else...unless I have to go to Walmart for something non-edible. The last few weeks though I have been visiting Kroger because they seem to have such great deals on their ads...and it has really been working for us! Maybe I am just buying the right things or something, but I usually save about as much as I spend. Now I am not one of those people who have figured out how to work the system enough to get the grocery stores to pay me to shop or use coupons like mad or anything, but I have been impressed with Kroger's ability to help me save lately. So for now I am a fan of Kroger.

Carried the groceries up our 3 flights of stairs, stirred up homemade bread and left to rise while I put away the groceries, folded laundry. Had lunch while watching "Lets Make A Deal".

Wrote some "thank yous" for baby gifts we have received lately, read up on insurance plans so I can be informed when Nick and I discus switching plans tonight before open enrollment ends next week, vacuumed up all the liter on the tile.

Now I am going to get the bread in the pans so it can raise another hour...then it is into the oven to bake- yum! Although it isn't really cold like it was last week, thus making homemade bread seem not quite as appropriate, the bread already smells amazing and I am looking forward to having toast for breakfast this week.

And the day isn't over yet! (Plus I didn't even list out all the little things I did like make appointments to register at the hospital and clean out the kitchen cupboards!) In the plans for tonight: eating bread and consequently vacuuming up a lot of crumbs, watching DWTS in real time, discussing high PPOs vs. low PPOs with Nick, and more!

4 comments:

Colleen Christensen, Photographer said...

AHH!!! Don't drink diet soda when prego!!!!! Scares me.

nick said...

Pretty good showing for first "Day One of full-time stay-at-home-hood". Well done!

EVM said...

I love Kroger, too. I so wish we had one.

Katie Lewis said...

Man, you did a lot. I guess I used to do a lot back when I was first getting used to being home all day. But then the guilt of not earning money wears off and things seem to settle down a bit. :) Still, I'd keep up the highly productive days while you can.