Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dinner #4 - Creamy Chicken & Pasta Bake

I know I should take pictures- I like blogs that have pictures. I did try...the first day. And then I forgot to upload them when I actually blogged so I gave up on the rest of the meals...sorry.

Tonight's dinner was yummy (disclaimer: I really, really love pasta). I was generous on the pasta and broccoli...rarely do I follow a recipe exactly...and it could have used more sauce, but I just sprinkled some parmesan dust on it and called it good anyway. Lesson learned; next time either follow the proportions given or be generous in the sauce too. :)

Creamy Chicken & Pasta Bake

1 1/2 c uncooked multi-grain/whole grain rotini pasta
1 small bunch broccoli, cut into florets (about 3 cups...I just used a frozen package)
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 c fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 oz cream/neufchatel cheese, cubed
1 c mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese

1. Heat oven to 375*. Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, adding broccoli for the last 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring frequently. Stir in broth; simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is done. Add cream cheese; cook 1 minute until it is melted. Stir in 1/2 c mozzarella cheese.
3. Drain pasta and broccoli. Add to chicken mixture; mix. Spoon into 8x8 baking dish and cover.
4. Bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses (1/2 c mozzarella and 2 Tbsp parmesan) and bake 3 minutes uncovered to melt cheese.
5. Make sure all of your burners and oven is turned off and then ENJOY! :)

(Just a side note: Nick's favorite so far has been the lasagna...so I guess if you are only going to make one of our recipes, that would be a good one to start with.)


No comments: