Friday, November 19, 2010

Dinner #6 - Chicken Pot Pie

This is one of my favorites...yummy and super simple. :)

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg frozen vegetables (original recipe calls for a 9 oz pkg but I often use the 16 oz pkg of carrots, peas, green beans, etc. because I like mine heavy on the veggies)
1 cup cooked chicken, cubed (I have also used just a can of chicken when I am lazy or any leftover meat from that week I am trying to get rid of)

1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup bisquick baking mix

Mix the first three ingredients in a pie dish; Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour on top. Bake at 400* for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Enjoy!

I told you it was simple...and such a great way to get your veggies in (a lot of times I don't even use chicken!) It is a perfect quick meal for those cool winter days!

Only one more night to go to "prepare" dinner and then I am off the hook...plus it will be Thanksgiving and we will want to not eat so well so we can pack it in on Thursday, right? :) It really hasn't been that bad to make dinner every night this week; it took a little bit of prep time in the beginning to figure out what I was going to make and make sure I had all the ingredients, but it has been totally worth it to not wonder every afternoon what we are going to do for dinner. Plus the leftovers have ensured that I have had good lunches this week! This has been a good experiment for us!