Well, it is official- our little Leo is 4 months old! (Or as some others say, "You kept him alive 4 whole months!") We celebrated with a trip to the doctor to get shots- yipee. He did great! The oral vaccine was not nearly as hard for him to swallow this time and the shots (one in each leg) were over quickly and so was his crying. We had to wake him from his nap to get weighed and so it was no surprise that by the time we got to the car he was sound asleep again.
Here are his stats:
4 months old
18 lbs 3 oz
26 inches long
So yes he is big, but at least he is proportionate and as healthy as can be. The doctor even gave us the go-ahead to introduce Leo to baby foods, but I am in no hurry on that. He was as good as can be the rest of the day and you would hardly have known he had gotten shots in the morning. We are grateful for our happy little guy!
Here are some interesting facts about Leo at age 4 months:
- He has recently found his toes! He looks at them when he is in the bath and likes to get a hold of them when he is getting his diaper changed. We haven't resorted to sucking on them yet- whew!
- He loves stuffed animals! My mom brought him a stuffed Simba from DisneyWorld which he adores and can't wait to get his diaper changed so he can talk to him. He holds him by the ears and loves him or sometimes slobbers on his ear. He has a few other animals which he loves too.
- He has recently had his first cases of "stranger danger" where he looks at someone new (or just someone he hasn't seen in a little while) and puts that bottom lip far enough you could step on it and then just wails. Please don't feel bad if he does it to you because he has done it to Grammie and Grandpa too!
- He can't stand enough! He loves to stand and definitely prefers it to sitting. It should be no mystery then that he loves the jumper...and he is actually getting quite good at jumping instead of just stomping and standing and twisting.
- While he has rolled over a few times so far, I would not call it a regular trick. And that is okay...he will get it eventually. Everyone else seems more worried about him reaching this mile stone than I am...
- The words "banana bread" couldn't be funnier to him! It is the source of many giggles.
- He loves being outside and walks are a go-to activity when all else fails...which I am really happy about! :)
- He is very close to sitting. I mean really close. He refuses to sit back in the bath and sometimes in his car seat.
- Clapping is one of his favorite pastimes...either when we make him do it or when we do it ourselves.
- Leo loves his daddy. He loves to play and the rougher the better!
- He is a Christensen! Even though he was born with brown hair, it is getting blonder by the moment! I am betting he will be a little toe-head for sure!
- Much to my dismay, he is a serious finger sucker! At first I thought it was just him figuring them out and I let him suck...then he started to gravitate to the thumb. Oh. No. I am not into thumb sucking and vowed my children would never do it. After much help by me he is losing interest in the thumb but still is stuck on his pointer and middle finger on both hands. I try not be too crazy about pulling his hands out of his mouth- he has to use it to figure things out after all- but it is definitely not my favorite quality of his (even though somehow it doesn't offend me near as much now that it isn't the thumb). Anyway, we are still working on this one.
There are tons of little tidbits I could share, but that will have to suffice for now! Happy 4 months Leo!