Monday, January 3, 2011

A very Merry Christmas

Nick and I headed to Denver for Christmas this year! It was the first time we have gotten to spend multiple days with the entire Vernon family and we had a great time :) Nicholas snuck in one day of skiing and I enjoyed a lot of relaxing time. Of course, I carried my camera around the entire time and failed to snap one picture- nuts! Santa found us and was very good to us this year...and it was present enough that our flights/airport experiences went smoothly and all-in-all weren't too bad for me at 8+ months pregnant. (We didn't have to go through any body scanners and got a free cookie on the flight home!)

When we returned we got to spend a couple of days with part of my family here in Houston and celebrate again with them; we also celebrated my dad's 64th birthday :) New Years was fine- I was happy to have a good ham dinner again, however I am not sure about staying up until midnight...I was so tired! We are always lucky to get to see plenty of fireworks from our own home as Texans sure know how to party :)

Now the holidays are over and life is getting back to normal...I have spent the day doing laundry, cleaning, planning meals, etc. All of the decorations are put away and I have even cleaned out the fridge/freezer and under the sink. The Christmas bedding is washed and put away and we are back to our regular bedding (plus a waterproof mattress cover in anticipation of our little one...it goes over the entire mattress and zips and boy was it a feat to get it on by myself!)

We are patiently just waiting now for our little boy to arrive- I go to the doctor weekly and last week I had already started to efface and such. He is very wiggly however I am still able to sleep fairly well between all of my trips to the bathroom so I can't complain too much. Nick is as busy as ever trying to finish up year-end and audit stuff at work. At least all of our grad school applications are done and we are just waiting to hear back from all of them and do interviews...Nick has an interview with Texas A&M in a week or so.

Hope y'all had a great holiday season!

2 comments:

Loni said...

Sounds like you had a busy and fun Christmas. What a trooper to do all that traveling that pregnant.

Hey I really want to see how cute you look pregnant, Can you please put up a picture?!

PS: I bought the baby the cutest outfit, I can't wait to send it!

kellebelle said...

We loved being together with you two (three)! I didn't take very many pictures, either. But you do look really cute pregnant, so I can't blame Loni for wanting to see a picture of you.

Enjoy your last little bit of nesting. Throw in a few feathers for me... right now my nest is a mess! ;)