Monday, January 24, 2011

How do you mend a broken heart?

With lots of glue and pins of course!


So I mentioned that I had been working on a Valentine craft...a wreath/decoration of sorts. Well I saw the idea on a craft blog and I just couldn't rest until I had gone to Hobby Lobby to get the materials to try and make one of my own. I spent multiple hours cutting out little felt circles and finally had it done...of course immediately I wanted to hang it up so I could take a picture. Well, I wasn't being super careful about hanging it up- it wasn't the final hanging place after all- and as soon as I stepped back to snap the photo the wreath fell to the floor, shattering into 4 pieces. Who knew styrofoam would break like that? I was beyond devastated. (I took a picture of the heart in 4 separate pieces, but it was just too devastating to post!)


Once I had given myself time to get over the tragedy, I decided to try and salvage it. I used a lot of household cement and pins (of course the only ones I had left by this time had yellow balls on the head...at least it is just the back, right?) and managed to get the 4 pieces back together. It is definitely not perfect and will forever bug me, but it is done!


For those of you interested in making one of your own, I followed (kind of...I mean, how well do I ever really follow directions without making my own adjustments?) the tutorial HERE.

By the way, still no baby. If he doesn't decide to show himself tomorrow, we are heading to the hospital at 6:30am on Wednesday to get induced. While being induced is preferable to a c-section, I would ideally love him to come on his own...so say a prayer for us tomorrow!

2 comments:

kellebelle said...

Praying for Tiny to join you on his own!

And the wreath is super cute. I might be tempted to make one... except that it looks like a LOT of felt circles! Sorry for the extra trauma. I'm glad you were able to salvage it.

Come on, Baby, come on...!

Katie Lewis said...

The wreath is adorable Alex. And I truly never would have known that anything bad had ever happened to it if you hadn't said so.

Also--AHHHH!--you have probably already had your sweet baby boy by now!!! :) I hope everything is going well! Love you!