Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How low can you go?

Still waiting on prince charming...

My doctor's appointment this week was not terribly exciting as they told me I was about the same as last week- almost completely effaced but just barely starting to dilate. At least I was only there an hour which seemed really short! She made the comment that his head was so low...no kidding! I have been trying really hard not to waddle- using those good old dance muscles to pull my legs under my body- however this week it has been markedly harder. I can tell that he is way low and when I drive it feels like I am squatting. At least he is getting ready! (I ate a whole pineapple and have been taking the stairs two at a time, but he just isn't ready yet I guess.) I am actually still sleeping quite well- since the baby dropped so has my back pain and I am finding it a lot easier to ease lower back pain than that weird middle back pain I was having. Of course since he is so low I am getting up even more times to go to the bathroom!

I finally figured out (kind of) and made a cushion thing for his car seat handle...someday I will take a picture- even though it isn't that much to look at I am excited to have some extra cushion when carrying that heavy thing! And I have been working on a bunch of "thank you" cards to have on hand for baby gifts. Slowly I keep working on Nick's blanket too and making a meal or two to stick in the freezer...I am trying to keep busy so I don't go crazy just waiting. However Tara's Christmas gift of a Netflix subscription plus this colder weather is making it terribly easy and tempting to just rest. I at least get out and walk a few miles every morning still...and more often than not end up doing some sort of errand with my mom later in the day too.

Nick is trying hard right now not to get sick, however I am fearing a cold in his future- nuts. He got a new coat that he bought with his Christmas money that looks really nice on him and I am glad that he has had it this week- he also got glasses a few weeks ago that make him look very handsome and are great to give his eyes a break from contacts once and awhile...I need to take a picture of that too!

Okay, enough of me trying to spit out random things about our lives in an attempt to avoid cleaning the house...I have done the easy jobs and just have the ones left that require lots of bending and such. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

I'm super impressed at how active you still are. You rock.

And...

Dear baby Vernon,

Come out come out wherever you are!

Love,
Katie

Colleen Christensen, Photographer said...

Netflix subscription? DANG!!!!!! I'm jealous.

alee said...

Yes, I will be very sad when it runs out...maybe I will convince Nick to keep it going for me! :)

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Isabelle was really hoping that baby would come today so she could take the NEWS for show-n-tell and the letter N! Bummer.

Please don't let Nick get sick!!!!! This is not a good time for that!

See you tomorrow!