Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Light at the end of the tunnel!

Well we had an ultrasound yesterday...and our little boy is still measuring like a giant! Again he measured about two weeks ahead and I stick with my original theory that our due date never should have been changed. Oh well. Everything looked good and they estimated him to weigh about 8 1/2 pounds already...no wonder I feel huge!

Because I am still technically not past my due date of February 1st, inducing is considered "elective" at this point; the first available appointment for an elective induction is January 26th at 6:30am...so if he hasn't come by then, we will be at the hospital that Wednesday morning for a little help to get him going! I am glad to have some sort of plan- even if it is altered, I love having a plan. In the meantime I am still going on lots of walks and am now working to meet this month's deadline at work (from home of course). I had initially thought I might have to pass it off to someone else this month, but it looks like "Tiny" is giving me a little extra time. Now I am hopeful to be able to complete it before he gets here :)

I had a really nice baby shower this past Saturday that I will have to blog about one day when I get my pictures uploaded and such. Tara and Amy & her girls were able to make it and way more people showed up than I anticipated (I knew of two other baby showers going on that day plus a number of other events!)

We are still hoping that baby V decides to come on his own any day now, but if not stay tuned for an update on the 26th!

1 comment:

Katie Lewis said...

Yay! Oh, I remember how relieved I felt once I had an induction date. Even though Olivia ended up coming before that. :) Hopefully it will happen to you too! Best of luck finishing up work! And so awesome that you had such a good baby shower. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy (uh... as much as you can really enjoy the end of pregnancy). :) Miss you!