Friday, January 21, 2011

Still hanging in there...

Our boy hasn't made an appearance yet, however a little head cold did come to visit :( Nick was starting to show symptoms last week and I was paranoid about making him get his fluids and such so he wouldn't get sick...and he didn't! After just a couple of days he felt fine and none of his symptoms ever really got that bad. Just before doing the victory dance, I woke up with a terrible sore throat...and now a really runny/stuffy nose, plenty of sneezing, and a cough. I have been trying to rest and drink a lot of water, but that plan is made difficult by being restless/hard to get comfortable and having an 8 pound baby sitting on my bladder. I think it is getting a little better though and I hope it is on its way out!

In non-baby related news, I made a cute Valentine wreath/decoration. I saw the idea on a crafty blog that I check in to every once and awhile and couldn't get it off my mind until I headed to Hobby Lobby to get my supplies. It was super easy...just time consuming to cut out so many little felt circles. However when I tried to hang it to take a picture, it fell and broke and is actually quite a sad story...I will post pictures of the whole ordeal later.

Now Nick and I are off to Texas Roadhouse for dinner (thanks Lewis family!) and I am praying that it will be the meal to send me into labor! A girl can dream...

3 comments:

Cari-Ann said...

Maybe you just need to make stuffed peppers and fruit salad...or have me bring you dinner. It worked for me.

heather said...

HAHA! We went to Texas Roadhouse and ate a HUGE dinner the night I went into labor with Anna. I hope it sets off the same reaction in you! Good luck!

Katie Lewis said...

Oooh! So sad! Sad that you're sick and sad that your wreath broke. :( But at least you got to go to Texas Roadhouse! (By the way, was that us that you were thanking? If so, I'm not sure why. Haha.)

Come out come out wherever you are baby boy!