Friday, June 20, 2008

two weeks is long enough!

well, i have been engaged for two weeks today and i am tired of it! not tired of nicholas, my ring, or the thought of being married- but just tired of trying to plan and control and predict everything for "the wedding"...that word is beginning to leave a bitter taste in my mouth! i don't really care about lots of the traditional wedding things, but it seems that people are not happy with my unconventional ways...i am not running away and eloping; i am having a wedding- isn't that enough? so it may be a little different...that was supposed to be so it could not be a big stressful event- but my plan may not be working.
registering was fun though and i am fairly sure i know what dress i want...it will probably be another unpopular decision, but nick and i like it. we are close to a fairly accurate invitation list and monday starts a serious search for the place for our utah reception.
last night our ward had a "drive in movie" in the parking lot. we used cardboard boxes to make fake cars and then had popcorn and milkshakes while we watched Back to the Future...a movie that i had never seen. we actually backed radlee into the parking lot and sat in the back of him with tons of blankets. the moon was gorgeous last night!
tonight is katie mayer's birthday and i am responsible for distracting her from 5:30 to 6:30 so she will be surprised when she gets home to a party. then nick and i are going up to the 35th ward reunion at the becks...it should be fun!
oh, i almost forgot- yesterday i attempted to give nick a haircut...my very first one. it took a really long time and i accidentally shaved off one of his sideburns- then i had to shave off the other one to match! it is a lot shorter than he wanted, i am sure, but his roommate chris helped him blend it around the ears so it doesn't look as terrible. i couldn't love him any more as he is very patient with me!

4 comments:

kellebelle said...

Hey Alee--I like your blog!
Ahhh...the joys of wedding planning! I'm really curious now about your dress. It'll be fun to see what you two registered for, too. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. :)

kellebelle said...

Oh, and by the way... you should ask Nick about the time he did his own hair. (If you haven't already heard that story.)

Ketchup & Greenie Beanies said...

You haven't seen Back to the Future? It is one of my all time FAVORITE movies!!!! You been living in a box? LOL!

Cameron and Jenny Webb said...

Alee - I want to know who the 'some people' are who don't like the way you're planning your wedding! Ha, ha.
I have never attempted a hair-cut on Cameron...not worth the risk! It seems like something I would be really bad at! :(