Friday, June 6, 2008

martha freakin' stewart




so i baked bread yesterday...from scratch, like with yeast and everything. it was my first attempt but i just followed my mom's recipe and it turned out pretty well. it smelled like home and i even got sentimental a few times throughout the day when the smell was strong. nicholas made home-made split pea soup to go with my bread and it was a great meal. i was so proud of my bread :)

today i continued to venture out into the world of just following recipes i have never made before and baked my first pecan pie. there was an activity tonight where everyone was supposed to bring something that represented their home town and i figured pecan pie, even though it is nothing i eat regularly, is very texas. it turned out just perfect and tasted great.

i have also been cutting up grocery bags to create my own "plastic yarn" with which i use to crochet a bag that i can take to the store over and over again instead of using new bags each time...all part of my master plan to go green.

i finished quilting a baby blanket for my cousin's daughter and have been working on a painting project for "the bees". i am getting so many projects done i almost feel like i am not doing anything productive in a day anymore! tomorrow morning though i am going on a hike with nicholas, past the Y, and am looking forward to doing something different :)

2 comments:

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

WOW! That does look like good bread! And your pecan pie looks just like it is suppose to! Did you make the crust from scratch? Great work! I also like your new table cloth!

Sarah said...

You are Martha Stewart! I'm so impressed! Will you show me how to make one of those reusable grocery bags?? That's so ecofriendly of you!?