Thursday, June 26, 2008

a quarter of a century only comes four times!

Nicholas turned 25 on the 24th. We made orange pecan french toast for breakfast and then headed up to Park City. We strolled along the little main street and browsed a few art galleries- we also got a key lime pie caramel apple at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory...yum! We stopped and took pictures with a giant moose and bear statue too. We drove around a little bit before coming home. When we got home we barbequed some steaks and made some potatoes and such and had a really nice birthday dinner at home. We changed and ran to Chase & Christy's wedding reception and then jumped in the hot tub when we got back. Nick didn't know it but I had a little surprise party planned and so when we "went up to get the cake" there were actually a few people there that yelled "surprise". More people showed up throughout the hour and it was nice to have Nick be able to mingle with a few friends- past roommates, ex-home teachees, etc. I made a "Skittles" cake as is tradition for Nick's birthday. It didn't turn out exactly how I imagined though and I felt so bad so I decided to try and make a Krispy Kreme cake too...it didn't really look like anything more than just a stack of donuts, but at least he had 25 candles to blow out! After the party we went to Nick's apartment and opened his presents...it turned out to be a really nice birthday!
Today I bought a wedding dress...pictures to come when I get it in a week or so. It will still need alterations and such, but I think it is going to look really nice. It is very simple- no beads or lace or anything- but it fits with my whole idea of a simple yet elegent wedding :)
We also decided that I am going to go home in August...we won't love being apart, but it will be good for me to go get a head start on setting up an apartment and moving one car and one load and junk already down there!

2 comments:

Marae said...

pictures now!
pictures now!
pictures now!

(we chant a lot at camp)

Alex Christensen said...

i tried and blogger wasn't letting me!