Thursday, June 19, 2008

Target, here we come!

Nick and I are officially registered at Target! It took us two trips to get it all done, but we wandered around the whole store with that little red scanner gun in hand...occassionally getting verbal advice from older couples. We are trying to keep our new home in the black & white theme that we are using for our wedding...except we are going to accent each room a different color- red (and silver) in the kitchen, khaki in the living room, and teal in the bathroom...so far. The one funny thing we registered for was some swedish fish...we heard about a couple that registered for a snickers and then almost every gift came with one and they were set for a long time! Wouldn't that be nice? Like many couples, we registered for camping equipment...perhaps sadly, I am pretty sure we are going to use it! It was it really fun and created a lot more discussion than I anticipated...it was great :)
Other than that, we have been spending a lot of time at the pool and hot tub...it is really nice to have one close and we go for a bit almost every day. We went to the Springville Art Museum yesterday- it was really fun to look around for awhile! We also made london broil yesterday for dinner...Nick did a great job cooking it on the grill outside.
We are planning on moving to Houston after the wedding and I am very excited! I am going to miss the mountains and snow and I am almost sick knowing how much Nick will miss them too- but we are planning to go on as many skiing trips as we can. I am going to be helping Tara with the Dancebeat paper...I am heading down there in a few weeks to get all set up so I can do it from home-woohoo!
As for today, I am going to continue to work on the guest list, reception ideas, and a great tan out at the pool!

1 comment:

Ketchup & Greenie Beanies said...

You already know you're moving to Houston?? WHOA! What if Nick gets a job in Maine or something? Or what if you do?? I'm nervous!

Registering is so fun! Can't wait to see what you picked out.