Wednesday, April 9, 2008

three days of bliss

it is great having a blog...and it is gives me something to talk about to anyone. today was fabulous- marae drove me to my dance class as it was cold and i did not really want to speed walk at the moment. i did a little vienese waltz, american style, and then discussed one of my favorite theorists for an hour. i came home for lunch and made one of my infamous bean and corn mixes which i ate on tortilla chips. i went back up to campus to buy an envelope to mail my sister a cd and while i was in the bookstore i bought the new motab cd- i wanted it ever since i saw the commercial for it during conference last weekend...i am quite excited about it as it has many great songs on it and only a few odd ones you have never heard of instead of having the porportions the other way around. i took my foxtrot test and then came home and chatted with the roommies until glen came over.
we all ate a whole lot of chocolate today...it was great. then i went to the synthesis concert- it is like a jazz band and they are always so great. i went with perhaps my best friend of all time, nicholas, and we went to panda express afterwards. the whole evening was just perfect and i couldn't stop smiling all day- i love days like this :)
oh, and one thing that i keep figuring out is that i have a southern accent sometimes- this is not normal as i am not natively from the south and have been living in provo for the last eight months in a row. it just appeared slightly and is getting stronger all the time- it is quite weird and i am not sure what to do about it...i mean the accent isn't that bad in and of itself, it is just odd for me to have it and especially right now.
oh and when i came out of the concert i saw the moon- it has been hiding lately which really makes me sad. it was the smallest little sliver of moon but you could see the whole sphere somewhat illuminated by the tiny slice that was really showing; it was quite beautiful. however i am always in love with the moon, so no biggie i guess. there were scattered clouds though too and the stars out so bright in parts of the sky...i don't know how people can not be completely facisnated by nature and also how they can deny the existence of a perfect and compassionate divine being. incomprehensible.
tomorrow is going to be a long one...but the office is back and i am so excited. my expectations are high- so stayed tuned for my thoughts on the first episode since the writer's strike.
oh, also, i thought i would end with my fortune cookie for yall to ponder...kind of an interesting one at this time in my life..."sail into the land of opportunity - treasures await"

No comments: