Friday, April 25, 2008

joining the one percent of the world's population that holds a college degree


i guess just because it seems natural for me since the people i associate with are largely in the same circumstance i am i shouldn't devalue college graduation- it is a big deal ") these are the flowers i got from my parents in the mail...i was rather glad that my family didn't come so that i did not have to walk and participate in the chaos. i also got a huge cookie from my sister that i am slowly devouring with each trip through the kitchen.
i spent hours today cleaning my apartment and i really love when it looks, and more importantly feels, this clean. i am finally dressed and ready for the day and i am going to go over to nick's when he is done with his college convocation to take a picture with him in his cap and gown and all. i have been invited to a graduation barbeque later tonight, and specifically not invited to another, and have yet to do anything really special with my roommates so who knows what the evening holds....who knows what life holds? nobody...and that is the great part. i think i am the only one who is not concerned about it. everybody else seems to try and comfort me with a "things will work out" or a "something will come" but they don't seem to realize that i am not the one that needs words of consolation- i am completely fine with not knowing for now :)

2 comments:

snowroses said...

Only 1 percent? Are you sure?

snowroses said...

Congrats on the graduation. That 1% info just made me appreciate it more. I like this post!