Monday, September 19, 2011

WHY????

Why do babies change so fast????

I can't leave Leo alone for 10 seconds now! I was pulling my hair up this morning and when I flipped my head upright he was gone...I found him here in the kitchen trying to get the Halloween decoration off of the dishwasher.


Occasionally we have calm moments where he just sits and reads, however most of the time he is finding trouble....like unplugging the lamp.

Or perhaps knocking over the magazine rack, which always results in crying...I can't help that it doesn't feel good when it falls on you! Our schedule, that was working so well for a few weeks by the way, is apparently out the window and I guess we are going to start over. At least life is never boring right?

3 comments:

tracyjmeier said...

The Joys of Motherhood!! Enjoy

Katie Lewis said...

Man, Olivia was honestly never this active as a baby. She kind of just sat there all the time. Leo is, by comparison, really exciting. :)

kellebelle said...

I have a feeling Erin can commiserate with you pretty well on this one. Such active, busy little nephews I have! :) But congrats to Leo on working out the crawling business! Way to hit another milestone!

I heard (read?) someone talk about how they would have "blanket time" with their baby each day. Like, they had a certain blanket that they would put out on the floor and they would spend a few minutes each day sitting on it with quiet books, toys, etc. Eventually, as the child's capabilities increased, this became some "quiet time" each day, where the kid could sit and occupy him/herself on the blanket for a little bit. I remember them saying how handy it was because it was portable... you could always have a blanket with you and yet the child knew they were to stay on the blanket when they sat on it. My point? While Leo is still too young to be able to sit on the blanket and stay, maybe if you start doing it along with him every day for a few minutes, then as he gets older he will be able to stay on it by himself. It can be a designated spot for him to sit for a few minutes while you do x,y or z.

(And sorry for the monster comment, but I was just telling Erin about this idea recently for Andrew, and it sounds like maybe Leo is going to be pretty hard to slow down, too! Just thinking ahead a little...)