Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A New Hairdo!

I had to get all dolled up a week or two ago for work- it was a formal party for the end of our festival.  Anywho, I had come home to put on a dress and put my hair up.  Standard ballroomprotocol is some sort of low bun; I began the process.  


I first made a little poof in the front with my "bangs"...no, I did not use a bump it I just went to school in Utah and learned how to make a poof with the best of them.  I was planning to take the tails that had made a poof and do something with them and then pull the rest into a bun.  Figuring that it would be easiest to pull the hair into a bun and then figure out what to do with the tails, I pulled the tails in front and pinned them so they would stay out of my way long enough to make the bun.  After I made the bun I looked in the mirror and realized that the tails kind of looked cool.  I wrapped them all the way around the poof and pinned them in place.  There was a mass of bobby-pins, thus I covered them with a flower.


I think it turned out pretty cool and am excited to try and replicate this hairdo sometime.  I got that it looked like Audrey Hepburn, french, like a little hat, and 40's-esque.  (And yes, I am wearing false eyelashes...again, standard ballroom protocol!)

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Ooh. I like it. Although I'm sad you didn't get to stick your head inside of the foldy mirror and look at it from every angle.

Hahahaha.

Or look up from the bottom while I drop things onto your face.

Hahahahaha.

I miss you.
And I really do like your hair.

Loni said...

Cute, that looks really pretty!