Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Holly Jolly Christmas

It seems I did not take many pictures this Christmas so you will just have to believe me when I tell you it was great!

I had fun decorating our little apartment- we borrowed this fake tree from my parents again this year and Koshka loved it...a little too much most times.  It only officially tipped over once, but she liked to chew on the branches any time she could get her paws on them.  It didn't take long before I engineered a contraption out of cardboard and packing tape to put at the bottom of the branches to hinder her chewing fun.

This was a Grand Christmas year which means we all come to my parents for the holiday- easy enough for us!  We knew that we were going sleep there on Christmas Eve and so the night before (the 23rd) we pulled out our sleeping bags and slept in our living room...right under the Christmas tree.  It was fun and surprisingly comfortable (we highly recommend air matresses with pumps) and really got us in the holiday spirit.


While Nicholas still worked a lot, we had fun going to movies, opening presents, playing games, puzzling, ice skating, going bowling, exercising each morning, and eating a ton with the family.  I was off of work for the entire two weeks which was heavenly.  We love the holidays!

Koshka got a jungle gym type thing from "Santa" as well as a new collar and food bowl from us.  Our hopes were realized and she indeed loves playing on her new toy...which gets us out of running around with her all of the time.  Her new collar is black and white polka dots but has a little pink on it and so I am hopeful that now my family will not call her a "he" all of the time (her previous collar was light blue- it was the only one I could find that was small enough).


Anywho, we had a very lovely Christmas and are very, very lucky!  We can't wait until next year!

2 comments:

kellebelle said...

What is it with cats and Christmas trees? Our big cat Felix used to climb the Christmas tree... the bottom branches still sag thanks to him (even though he's been gone for years). Anyhow, glad to hear a little bit about your Christmas celebrations. Looking forward to Christmas in Colorado with you two next year!

Marae said...

I love your new picture on top. Alex and the great dress collection...