Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Wife

If you even remotely closely follow our blog, you know that I don't post all that often - I even hesitate to write that it's "our"blog. However, I think it's time that I do something "out of the ordinary" for me and actually post something today, especially since Alex has been way too nice to me on this blog.

Now, I know that we've all laughed and joked about the husband of the year points and prize that Alex has been so kind to reward me with, but I must set the record straight and tell the truth, which isn't really a surprise at all. Alex is really the one who should win the wife of the year award, or cool wife of the year award, or kindest wife award - really, she could easily get a hat trick here.

To justify her winning such lofty rewards, I could go on ad nauseum about all the great things that she does for me like making me a lunch each morning, keeping our apartment clean, cheering me up when I'm down or helping me figure out and think through problems or questions. I could tell you about how she makes me laugh and builds my self esteem while motivating me to be better. However, instead of going through all that and more, I'll just tell you that 35 months after we officially started dating and 15 months after getting married, my life is happier and filled with more joy because of my dear wife, Alex.

So, ponder on that until my next post...and be warned, it may be a while until you see me on here again!

4 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Oh Nick, you sentimental fool. :) Yes, I think Alexander is great too. Lucky you!

kellebelle said...

I'm happy for you both! :)

kellebelle said...

...Because you're both "so happy together," of course!

(Do you have that song in your head now like I do?)

Jen said...

*jealous* You two are adorable!