Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Christmasy Weekend

Nicholas had asked me for a date last Friday.  I cooked dinner and then we went to Handel's Messiah at some church on I-10.  I had never heard The Messiah all the way through and it was fun to attend that kind of concert again...Nick and I used to go to concerts and symphonies and such all the time when they were super convenient at BYU but now they are a little harder to come by (at least affordable ones!).  After the concert there were refreshments served, so Nick didn't even have to buy me a treat afterwards!  

We rode around uptown to see some Christmas lights.  We found this one little spot and got out and walked around a bit.  There were these big candles in the center of a pointsettia wreath, and we couldn't help but have some fun with them.  I tried to blow them out and Nick thought they set him on fire :)

The next evening was The Marvelous Dancers Christmas party; The Marvelous Dancers is a student organized group of members of the studio.  They had invited Nicholas and me and so we decided to crash the party.  It was fun to attend a dancing event where I wasn't working and thus could actually dance with Nick instead of only students. (Don't worry, I still got a few dances with students in!)  The students had really gone all out and the party was really well done.  We managed to remember to get one picture at the party!

Happy Holidays!  

3 comments:

kellebelle said...

Sounds / looks fun! Merry Christmas!

Loni said...

I love your green dress, it looks so pretty on you!

Merry Christmas!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Your dress is super cute!!! Why haven't I seen it before?