Monday, December 21, 2009

Going "Home"

Another thing Nicholas and I did while we were in Utah for Thanksgiving was take a trip down memory lane...I showed him the "house" my dad built with his own hands where I lived until I was 4 years old.  The house isn't there anymore since we sold the land to a developer, but they have built a church now where it used to sit.  It is kind of sad, but at least it is a church that is there are not a Wendys or something. 

The pump house is still standing though and I managed to get a picture of the new church with the pump house so you can see where the church sits (which really only makes since if you knew where our old house sat).  


It was fun to show Nick a little bit about my roots, even if I don't remember them all that well.  The other photo is just of Maple Mountain and the moon...it was far too beautiful that day and I couldn't help but snap a bunch of pictures! 

1 comment:

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

I don't think I have seen the church actually built on the lot! Cool pictures! The pump house looks so old and small. Wonder why they kept it there?