Monday, December 21, 2009

Skiing in Park City

When Nicholas and I were in Utah for Thanksgiving, we took one afternoon to go skiing.  Skiing is something Nick is very passionate about and I feel terrible that I dragged him down to Texas where he can not go anymore.  Thus I made sure that we made a little skiing trip happen.


(Please notice the full moon in the picture above!) I have been skiing enough times you can count them on one hand, however Nicholas has been a great teacher and I have even gone down a black run already (we won't comment if it was on my feet or not!)  We were looking forward to me getting a proper lesson from a real pro, Nick's dad Paul, however he had caught a cold and stayed warm at home.


There wasn't too much snow yet and so there were only a few runs open, but we rented some skis and bundled up and headed out to Park City Mountain Resort.  It came back faster than I was anticipating!  I only lost my ski once!  We really enjoyed skiing together and it was a beautiful, albeit chilly, day for it.  I hope there are many more ski trips in our future!


*One interesting side note- when we were putting our ski boots on in the parking lot a car was coming down and aisle and it slowed down and then stopped right by us.  The driver immediately got out and started running towards us...it was our friend Schmidtty! (Megan)  We hadn't seen her since before we were engaged and it was so fun- and random- to run in to her there!*

2 comments:

Mego said...

yay! I was the fun/random part of your trip! All my hopes and dreams have been realized. ;)

kellebelle said...

some beautiful pics in these posts!