Friday, December 10, 2010

It's Friday!

I really should have cleaned out the closets and under the bed and such before there was a big ole' baby in the way. But I was working then and didn't have nearly as much "free" time. One great thing about this apartment is that we have a couple of good sized closets that helps with storage...however, does one ever really have enough closet space? My favorite find today was a Yoda head with a couple of hockey pucks in it...logically stored in the tool box in the entrance closet. Someday Nicholas will have a man-cave where he can display all of his wonderful things for all to see :)

Today was my first day of "retirement" on the jogging front...my parents left early this morning and thus I am short one running partner. I decided this would be the most convenient time to retire from jogging for a couple of months, until I have had our big baby boy and recovered enough to hit the pavement again. I toiled with the idea of not going at all today...in fact I watched all of Good Morning America and ate a cupcake just because. I thought about maybe just walking instead, but I ended up jogging anyway. I only went three miles, instead of the usual five, and stopped mostly because I was hot- I had definitely overdressed for the sunny weather we enjoyed today. I felt better as soon as I had gone...and really great when I was done...so I guess there really is no end to my exercising in sight. Obviously my body was tired though because Koshka and I had a snooze together after my shower- I am finding myself waking up many more times than I plan to in a day!

I wish someone would come over and appreciate the cleanliness that is our front closet. I think I should get a prize for finding a way to make all our weird stuff fit (with hopefully enough room for the stroller that is currently being stored at my parents' home...along with a whole bunch of other stuff I don't even want to think about!) The linen closet still needs some work, but I have cleared off an entire shelf that can be devoted to baby V.

The only other interesting thing that happened today was that Koshka found a ladybug at the window- hiding in between our double panes. I am not sure how it got in, but I opened the first pane so she could play with it...and I do believe I saw her eat it after awhile. So all in all, it has been a grand day for us at home! Happy Friday!


1 comment:

nick said...

I do appreciate the cleanliness that is the front closet. I certainly know that I would not be able to make that work so well.
Thanks for being kind about my man things :)