Friday, December 17, 2010

It won't be long now...

We are getting close to D-day...Tiny will be arriving in about a month or so! I have had a pretty easy pregnancy up until this point, however I can tell that we are getting close to the end because I am definitely getting more uncomfortable. It isn't really that bad and I can't complain since the other months have been great...still, most mornings around 4am I am pretty ready to be done. Usually 4am is about my third trip to the bathroom during the night- and it is when I am still so tired but can't manage to get comfortable laying down any more- and it is when I am about ready for a snack- and it is when Koshka is ready to wake up and play.

The skin on the upper right side of my belly has been so sensitive lately- it kind of feels like I have a scrape or burn or something on it. It hurts to have anything touching it but it isn't red or anything. The other day I had a sharp pain there for a little bit, but it went away before the doctor's office opened the next morning and so I didn't call. There is also a spot in the middle of my back that aches often...it feels great when I have the heat pad on it or when Nick rubs it, but the pain always returns. At least these are among my biggest ailments so far...but oh what I would give to sleep on my stomach! :)

Other than that, things feel good. I have stopped jogging and started just walking...even though when I walk I wonder why I am not jogging because walking doesn't seem like that much of a workout when I am used to trotting along. But boy oh boy did I get a workout cleaning the house yesterday...as if the regular cleaning routine was not enough to work up a sweat, I cleaned behind the fridge and washing machine & dryer and I broke a mirror that shattered all over the tile in the kitchen. Let me tell you, bending to clean that up was fun.

We, well Nicholas, got accepted to the MBA program at the University of Denver this week (with even the promise of a little scholarship money!) They are the first school we have heard back from, so we definitely haven't made a decision or anything but it was really fun to get accepted :) Hopefully we will hear back from the other schools before too long and then the real fun of making our decision can commence. But in the meantime, congrats to Nick!

We have a busy weekend planned and then an ultrasound on Monday, so hopefully after that we will have a better idea of exactly when baby V is going to arrive (they are planning to set a date to induce if I haven't had the baby by then.) Until then we are trying to enjoy the holiday season that will be over all too quickly. Fa la la la la!

3 comments:

Tee said...

Cute new blog layout! How exciting that little baby is almost here! It's amazing that it's already almost time for his arrival. Congrats to Nick; I think we all agree that Denver is a great place to be.

Marae said...

oh my goodness i was about as excited to sleep on my stomach as i was for nora to come. won't be too long, though--yay! congrats on grad school. exciting!

oh and i'm in vegas thinking of you.

Katie Lewis said...

Man, I totally remember feeling that way (and at about the same time in the morning too). Hang in there! Haha, as if there's anything else you really CAN do, right? :) And tell Nick congrats for us! So exciting! Merry Christmas!