Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hey Big Haircut

(2 points for you if you know what the title is referencing!)

So last week I went to get a haircut. I was just planning on a good trim to keep it healthy...it was time for one and I wanted to make sure I got it done before the holidays and then the baby arrives. When I sat down in the chair the girl asked what we were doing today and I told her my plan of a good, healthy trim. She said that on my account it said that last time we added in some long layers and asked if I wanted to trim and keep them.

"Long layers?" I thought. I don't remember having layers in my hair...but then again I am forgetting more and more things these days so I figured I had just forgotten and agreed. She started cutting and it was definitely a bit more than I would call a trim...but who knows when the next time I would get in for a haircut would be and so I let it go. I mean, after all, once they start cutting what can you do really anyway?

Then she started adding in the layers. Whoa...there was a lot of hair falling. I am fairly positive that I did not have long layers before- that note must have been from awhile ago or something. But again, what do you do when half of your hair is already cut?

The verdict- I am not a fan. I thought I would give it a few days...after all I have to figure out how I need to tweak my morning routine now and that could take a few days to perfect. But I have tried it a few ways and none of them make me love my hair yet. It seems really short and choppy...at least compared to what it was before. My ponytail seems so short and it is hard to pull it up to run in the mornings like I used to. Nuts.

Oh well...hair grows.

2 comments:

nick said...

Andy to Jim, right?
2 Points?

:)

nick said...

Oh, and you still look very beautiful so don't worry about it too much...it'll be long again before you know it!