Friday, October 29, 2010

One Week More

So next week is my last week to work at the studio- that means I have officially been working there 2 years!

Every 6 months we have this big festival- themed parties with lots of decorations and food and costumes and games and, of course, dancing; it goes on for 6 weeks, each week a different theme (that coordinates into an overall theme, naturally). Our festival starts on Monday and we are traveling through time to various periods in history.

Well, my boss thought it would be a great idea for me to throw the first party (i.e. be in charge of all decor and food and such) which could double as my farewell. No problem...I was in charge of the Asian themed party last festival and the Horror themed party the festival before that. This time my theme is Ancient Greece/Rome/Golden Age...think togas.

So today I have been cutting out 7 ft columns out of a big roll of paper, because quite frankly the budget only allows for a couple "real" 4 ft columns and I did not think that would transform the studio nearly enough. And I have been cutting out big, greek-looking letters to spell our name on the wall. And I have been working on our menu...pitas, grapes, feta cheese, olives, baklava (if I can find it), dates (but who would eat them?), etc. Anywho, so when I get it all pulled together I will post pictures- but just know that this is the main reason why I haven't been blogging that much this week.

I am excited to be done with work- I will miss dancing and interacting with the students and the income of course, however I am excited to be at home in the evenings with Nicholas. Plus this ole' gray mare ain't what she used to be! :) My body is getting a bit achey after dancing into the wee hours of the night and so I will be happy to just take it a bit easier for these last few months...and by easy I mean just jogging 5 miles in the mornings! I have been pretty lucky to feel great so far and keep up a lot of my regular activities, like running. Those extra twenty pounds are starting to weigh on me now though and I am ready to slow down just a bit; I am grateful that I have the opportunity to! :)

(On a side note: baby V is doing just great...moving a bunch now, even though it isn't super consistent yet. His heart rate is always around 140 beats/minute, which they tell me is good. I passed the gestational diabetes test and have maintained great blood pressure. It is no secret that I am expecting- my belly is definitely showing off now, but it at least makes getting dressed a bit easier since I can really wear maternity clothes. I am seeing the doctor every 2 weeks now and we have another ultrasound scheduled in a few weeks; we still don't have a name picked out and welcome any suggestions...)

3 comments:

Effie said...

sounds fun! make your own baklava. it's not hard. Glad the pregnancy is going so well.

Marae said...

I would eat the dates! Especially if stuffed with nuts...yum.

It's so great that you are still running!

Cari-Ann said...

Costco usually has baklava. If you don't have a membership I can pick you up some. Let me know