Monday, January 12, 2009

A New Year, A New Resolve

I know that my goals will be more likely to be achieved if I am accountable for them; thus, I am going to let everyone know about my New Years resolutions so that I have extra encouragement to do them this year.  

1. Try one new recipe a month.  
I get pretty comfortable with my staples (frozen french fries and pasta) and I would like to expand our options this year...not to mention that I want to use our spice rack and some of the many cookbooks we got for our wedding!

2. Do service.  
I came up with this one as I was walking from my apartment to my mom's house- there was trash along the road and I thought that if I had a bag I would have picked it up...but maybe not.  At BYU I got comfortable with a service project coming to me quite often- I think I am going to have to work a little harder here.  

3. Take more/better pictures.
Photography used to be something I was very active in and I miss it.  I still see an artistic shot here or there, but I don't really take the time to take them; and even if I do nothing really comes of it!  

4. Run a half-marathon.
I have been building up my daily jogs (this morning I went the whole five with my mom) and I think that a half-marathon is an attainable goal if I keep running consistently.  The one I have my eye on is in March which means that there might be an opportunity to run another one later in the year if I recover!

Now I feel more responsible for the goals I have set- people know and now I can't back out!  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

kellebelle said...

I know what you mean about the accountability factor. So I know this post is for you, but I liked reading it, too. You have some great goals for the year.

And this brings me to ask, how did you get into photography? I'd be interested to hear more...

Miss you guys!