Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January was a success!

I have made progress on all of my New Year's resolutions in January...most notably working towards running a half marathon in March and trying out new recipes.  

I was so impressed with this chicken enchilada casserole recipe (maybe I just didn't have that high of expectations in the first place?) and thus I am going to share it with everyone.  It was really quick and simple and doesn't make a whole bunch which is perfect for us (it was out of my Cooking for Two cookbook), but it could easily be doubled for a more hungry family!

Try it out!

Chicken Enchilada Casserole (for two)
1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken (you can even get it in a can!)
1 small can diced green chilies
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
4-5 tortillas (it calls for corn but I use flour)

Mix all ingredients- except tortillas- together in small casserole dish.  Tear tortillas in to 2" pieces and fold into mixture.  Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.

Can you believe it is that simple!?!  We used the whole can of soup (what are you going to do with another half?) and were just a bit generous with everything else and it worked out just fine.  We ate ours with lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, tortilla chips, olives, etc.  It was yummy!

4 comments:

kellebelle said...

I love discovering new recipes to break up the humdrum of eating and cooking meals over and over and over. Please do keep passing along the great ones you find!

Tonight I made chicken pot pie from scratch (one of my faves), and my pie crust was flaky and perfect (if I do say so myself)...and of course my children hardly deigned to touch it! Ugh. Go figure. I keep trying to tell myself that someday--when they're in college living on ramen noodles?--someday they will appreciate all my home cooking.

alee said...

They will- I think it took me 'till college where I was living with roommates and "on my own" to appreciate how clean our house was and how much my parents really took care of. Someday Mikelle! :)

And congrats on the flaky crust- that is impressive!

kellebelle said...

Thanks for indulging my self-pity. The pie crust was probably a fluke, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

I want to try that recipe!!! Sounds yummy! Nick is lucky!