Friday, January 23, 2009

Husband of the Year!

I think I may nominate Nicholas for husband of the year :)  He is very helpful and thoughtful and each time he does something spectacular I make a mental note to give him another "Husband of the Year" point.  Because my mind is also full of all sorts of other things and I definitely do not want to forget all that he does, I am going to post on the blog when he does things to prove he deserves the nomination.

(This picture was his first day at Transwestern...I forgot to include it in my last post!)

So here are a few examples:

Husband of the Year point #1- Nicholas went with me to Hobby Lobby and picked out silk flowers to decorate the top of our kitchen cabinets.

Husband of the Year point #2- I had to work Monday afternoon and Nicholas had the day off (MLK Day).  So while I was away at work Nick did the laundry, ran to the grocery store, and prepared dinner for us both.  It is not a role reversal that I would like permanently, but it was so nice to not worry about home-things while I was at work...for at least one day!

Husband of the Year point #3- Last night I returned home dead tired from work around 10:30pm.  I entered our room to find that he had switched our "night stands" to the correct sides of the bed (something I have been meaning to do since we switched our bed around a few weeks ago), had cleaned off the desk, and was waiting for me with a candle lit and quiet music playing.  After having a couple of long days it was sure a nice way to come home!

Stay tuned for more of his "Husband of the Year" points.

5 comments:

Loni said...

Way to go Nick! Keep up the good work!

Jeanene said...

The "Newest Husband" is putting all of the husbands with more experience to shame!

kellebelle said...

Yay, Nick! Way to be a good husband. And how nice of your wife to take note.

LWV said...

Very impressive, Nick! I wish I could say that we taught you everything you know, but lightning would surely strike me dead. You two are off to a great start! Bravo!

alee said...

I will have to say that I gave Nick another Husband of the Year point the other night- I can't remember what he did but he asked if it got him another point and I thought it was so fun that he cared about the points so I gave him one just for that. Now he is up to five!