Saturday, July 19, 2008

an uneventful weekend

It seems that there should have been a lot going on this weekend- hot and sunny days perfect for the pool, a bridal fair, and the opening of two big movies that I am dying to see. However, this weekend was quite a disappointment. I didn't get to go see either movie I wanted...even though I did eventually rent The Jane Austen Book Club from Redbox. The bridal fair was too hot and too long of a drive to enjoy...espeically since I was alone and all it did was make me second guess every decision that I have made up to this point. And I had hopes that my weekend would be more than just lounging at the pool...so I didn't even get to do that since I was running and waiting around for something fun that never came along. Such is the life of an engaged girl. It seems no one is interested in being my friend now that I am engaged...which is fine I guess because I would rather spend my time with Nicholas anyway. The only problem is that he is not available all of the time; he works full-time and has lots of other activities that keep him busy. For some reason it is a lot easier for a guy to stay normal- engage in normal activities with normal friends- than it is for a girl when they are "engaged"...it is starting to sound like a bad word...like a disease that you hope not to get.
I suppose the highlight of my weekend was last night as I was cleaning out my toiletries. No, it wasn't the terrible cramps I have had this weekend- it was five ladies that knocked on my door. At about 8pm five ladies who used to live in my apartment 37 years ago stopped in. They were having a reunion of some sorts and wanted to come back and see the place. They came in and looked around for awhile, told me stories, and asked about myself. Then I took a picture of them in the kitchen and they were off. I almost wanted to ask if I could tag along...just so I didn't have to be home all alone anymore. I restrained myself though and returned to deciding which eyeshadow to throw away next. Please don't be jealous of my fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Marae said...

why cannot i be living with you right now? some girls were just watching 'legally blonde' in the staff lounge and i thought of you. and the 18 times we watched part of it on tv. i miss you!