Friday, July 25, 2008

me and my mac mini :)

I have officially set up my new Mac!  I am still very much getting used to it and all, but it is going to be very nice and I am excited to work on it!  It wasn't too hard to set up either, which was really nice...it makes me not dread packing it up and setting it up again in about a month when I go home to Houston...and then again when I move out of my parent's home and into an apartment in Houston in a few more months, after the wedding.  I am not extremely excited that I had to set it up in my room though- I used to always have my laptop in my room but at the beginning of this year I started leaving it in the living room and it has been so nice to not always feel like I am so accessible- I mean I would check email before I even got up in the morning when it was right there on my desk!  As I am sharing with roommates I did not think it fair to set up a desktop in the living room- not to mention that there isn't really a desk or anywhere to put it out there.  Oh well, I kind of like having my new "toy" close for a little while at least!
Yesterday for the 24th we went to the parade in Spanish Fork and then went to Uncle Charlie's for the family barbeque...it was nice.  Then we came home and went swimming and then headed out to the new Batman movie.  It was quite dark and kind of creepy, but I enjoyed it.  Nick boiled me some frozen veggies for dinner and we watched the results show for So You Think You Can Dance...I can not believe that Will got kicked off!  I mean Comfort was fun enough, but every week they would say the same thing- "that wasn't good enough but your hiphop is great."  But Will- man he was the best dancer on the show for sure...or should I say IV Real!  I don't know what that "for real" thing is about on the show, but I do know that Nick and I were very upset about the results.  It is rediculous to think Mark is going to be on but not Will!  
Tomorrow afternoon Nicholas and I are taking our engagement photos...so think good thoughts in our direction and pray I don't look chubby or greasy! :)

No comments: