Tuesday, August 16, 2011

On a good note...

The last two days have been long- Nick started school and is gone again all day...nuts. Also, Leo hasn't had the best of nights and has been a bit more demanding than usual. Plus I have a deadline for work this week so I actually have things I need to do. Then there is the normal laundry and meal preparations and cleaning and such that should go on...not to mention we are still trying to set up house around here (yes the boxes are gone, but now I am figuring out where these shelves should really go and where that picture should be hung up, etc.) And if that isn't enough to gripe about, it has been well over 100* every day and my morning jogs are not joyous as they should be. Blah blah blah.

But I have gone to bed smiling...and you know why? It is because I have been corresponding with someone that signs each email with "your bicycle amigo" and it just makes me laugh. In our move I found a card from our tour guide from the mountain biking tour of Mazatlan, Mexico we took two years ago and I remembered him saying he would post pictures on his blog. I knew it was a long shot, but I checked the blog and he hadn't updated in a long time. I thought "why not?" and emailed him and asked if he had any of the pictures. Amazingly he emailed me back and is trying to find some for me...but mostly I just love that he signs each email "your bicycle amigo, Rudy". So on that note I am going to crawl into bed smiling and quickly sink into a deep sleep...that will undoubtedly be interrupted! :)

P.S. If I ever get any pictures I will share them...Nick and I wish for that cruise often! It was so much fun :)

1 comment:

kellebelle said...

Funny. Love it when there's something random to brighten a day!

Hope by now you're getting settled into a school schedule, and that maybe it's cooling down a little. :)