Sunday, August 28, 2011

Leo is 7 months...where does the time go???

I could hardly believe it on Friday when I realized that 7 months ago I was in labor all day...and I am amazed that I actually pushed a 9 pound baby out too! Leo is changing so fast and we love every day with him.


He is getting very smart...and not just because his cousin Belle reads to him at the library! They both enjoyed that trip and I was happy to sit at the table and feed Leo puffs and read to Belle because they were both so good. She found a special baby book to read just for Leo...I didn't tell her that it was actually in Spanish and that I made up the words!

Leo loves playing and stuffed animals are definitely a favorite. Dad took him for a ride in his toy bin which he LOVED!
We aren't officially crawling yet, but Leo can often be found on his hands and knees. Sometimes when I go in at night when I hear him fuss he is asleep in this position!
Peekaboo! Like I told you, he is getting smart...
...which often gets him in troublesome situations like being stuck.
He likes to ruin my nice and neat DVD stacks.

Go Broncos!
"Monte" keeps him company on his changing table...
...while Bear (original, I know) gets to greet him from his naps. I told you he loves stuffed animals!
The boy loves to eat and will help you too...
...and he is great at holding on to his sippy by himself! I can hand him his cup when I am jogging and he can hold it and drink from it at his leisure now- it is great for us both!
Sweet potatoes are a favorite; I made them homemade for the first time just this week and he gobbles them up...and I am tempted by them too!
Leo is a great player and so far is pretty good at entertaining himself with a toy for a little while so I can do a little something. One of his favorite tricks right now is holding a toy in each hand and clanking them together. He is such a sweet boy; every time I hear him giggle I can hardly believe he is all mine! :)

3 comments:

Marae said...

those thighs! and the hair! he looks sooo delicious (i never would have said that before becoming a mom...).

i like bear's name. nora's animals are named owl, duck, and horsey--lame but it teaches them what animal it is, right?

kellebelle said...

What a smiley 7-month old Leo is! I see you in the picture of Leo and Bear, but I see a Little Nick in the picture where Leo is riding in his toy bin. Love the many faces of Leo!

EVM said...

Watch out - I bet he'll be pulling himself up in that crib before you know it. He looks ready to go! Love the Broncos outfit.