Sunday, August 1, 2010

We had a birthday, shout hooray!

Okay, so here are a few more pics of the June birthday celebration. First off- this is the new shelf thing that we got from my parents...it was a combined gift to the both of us. I have been wanting a place to hang my keys, as well as something to fill this spot on the entry wall so it was perfect! (I still haven't put pictures in so we continue to look at the nice Hobby Lobby paper that came in it- whoops!)

Next, here are some pictures of the birthday cake I made for Nicholas. Of course, it was a skittles cake- yellow cake, chocolate icing, decorated with skittles candy...I did make it different this year by using double flavor "crazy core" skittles.

Nick only got 3 candles- one for every 9 years of his life.

It was a smaller cake this year as I used some batter to make cupcakes for his sunday school class as well :)

His big birthday gift this year was a new suit! (Don't worry, I have made enough "birthday suit" jokes to last him a lifetime!) He looks very nice in it, don't you think? He actually reminds me quite a bit of his dad, Paul, in this suit. It is a nice color for summer down here too :)


And he was getting so tired of me making him smile that I finally just told him to frown or make a face or something and this is what I got!


Anywho, that is about it on the birthday celebration...we didn't really take many pics- like any of my or Koshka's birthday celebration...so until next year!

5 comments:

nick said...

So, I feel really guilty that I didn't take any pictures of Alex on her birthday...or Koshka, for that matter. Sorry about that!
But at least the world got to see me making that lovely face at the end :)

Tee said...

Happy happy birthday to all of you :) It looks like it was awesome!

Toni Elise said...

I like Nick's suit! All he needs now is a pocketwatch. Hey, remember when he showed up on our doorstep in a toga?

kellebelle said...

Nice suit, man. And I also love the shelf thing. So I know Nick's cake preferences, but out of curiosity, what kind of b-day cake do you go for, Alee? (That is, since Nick didn't take any pictures. ;) )

EVM said...

I think Nick looks like Dadoo, as well. Happy birthday to all of you!