Monday, August 2, 2010

Okay, okay...

...so there were two pictures taken from my birthday- from my mom on the day before my birthday when I opened all of the presents from them.

As you can tell, like mother like daughter- I made Nick pose for his birthday pics just how I have been posing for 24 years!


And to answer Mikelle's question, I am not a huge cake fan. I mean, who is really going to pass up a piece of cake if it is offered? But it is not what I would ever choose for a dessert. So every year on my birthday I have a dessert that we know in our family as "the next best thing to Robert Redford". It is a pudding dessert with 4 layers- much like dirt cake, but made with pistachio pudding and nuts for the crust instead of oreos. (layer 1: a nut crust layer 2: a cream cheese mixture layer 3: the pistachio pudding layer layer 4: whipped cream)

4 comments:

kellebelle said...

So the truth comes out -- there were pictures! ;) Now that you mention your dessert choice, I recall you or Nick telling me before. I love creamy desserts...mmmm. Oh dear, I'd really better get some lunch now, before my stomach gets the better of me!

EVM said...

I don't know if you are aware that Josh and I are not huge cake fans either - thus our choice of cheesecake for our wedding. Just about anything with cream cheese and sugar has to be good, right? Of course right!

Marae said...

i'm loving your hair these days! and, that dessert sounds tasty. i hated all cake when i was younger except for angel food, so i would have angel food cake topped with pistachio pudding. pistachio pudding is goood.

Betsy said...

So I saw this great idea for a cake--you cut a watermelon in half and stick sparklers, or maybe just very tall candles in it. It's on Marae's sister Elise's blog.