Wednesday, August 25, 2010

At Last!!!

Ta-da!!! I am finally completely finished with our bedding! I had wanted to make a lighter duvet for some time now and a hot Houston summer seemed like the perfect motivation (not to mention the "sewing bee" my fellow bees instituted- everyone pick a project and report progress to help motivate those that don't usually sew!)

I began earlier in the summer and finished the duvet before it got really hot. These are the fabrics I chose- Nick's favorite is the top left while I prefer the bottom right. The back in plain white.

Unfortunately our bedding was incomplete for months because I hadn't finished the pillowcases- I know it is a stupid reason because pillowcases are the simplest part...but it is what it is.

I finally made myself just bite the bullet and finish what I started- the teal pillowcases just weren't worthy of any bragging pictures! So today I took an hour and made the pillowcases...so simple, especially with my mom's serger! We had plain black ones, but I made white ones with a cuff of each of our favorite fabrics...a definite "his" and "hers" set!

It feels great to finally have this project completely checked off my list; now I won't feel guilty every time I start another one! Now if only I had my own sewing machine....maybe for Christmas!

8 comments:

Tee said...

Wow! What a fantastic job you did! I'm really just learning to sew, but you are so good at it!!

The whole package looks so nice now :)

nick said...

Now I'll finally be able to sleep in peace ;) jk - they look great, love!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Wow! It looks amazing! I know a sewing machine you can have.....

Loni said...

I love, love, love this! Good Job! Next time I'm looking for a bedspread, I'll have to keep you in mind.

EVM said...

J'laime! It is so great, and I also am considering hiring you to make something for our bed. So glad you posted pictures.

LWV said...

This is beautiful, Alex! Let us know when you are ready to go into business, okay? (I love the black and white!)

kellebelle said...

Not to sound redundant, but I love it! I love all the fabrics and the "his and hers" pillowcases. And with the headboard it's all complete. Very nice work! Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

(I'm also curious about procedure on the pillowcases -- did you buy pillowcases and cut off the original wide hem, or did you make your own?)

kellebelle said...

Oh, and I forgot to say, enjoy that feeling of completion! It's always so nice to know a project is DONE.