Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Weekend Pics and the HEADBOARD! (finally!)

Last weekend we made a really quick trip to San Antonio for Olivia's blessing. Here is Nicholas playing with Belle (he was supposed to be taking a nap while she and Uncle Gordon made lunch for their picnic.)
Enjoying the picnic... (Isabelle had made "icky fruit" for them all while Gordon provided the fruit punch)
The best picture we could get...just pretend that my mouth isn't open and that Nick's eyes are half shut...it is cute of the girls (especially Livi!)
I think Isabelle looks like Alice in Wonderland in this pic...she just needs her dress to be blue!
And finally, onto my headboard project. I couldn't find pics of "before" or even "during" but here is it finished. I started with two wooden doors from an entertainment center. We put 2x10s on the sides to make it wide enough and I sanded it all. Then came the paint...and boy was it a process!
We slapped a few legs on the bottom to raise it up a bit and that was that! (It is solid wood and so heavy!)
We like having a real headboard...it is nice to not just lean up against the wall to read and such. And it makes the room look more finished for sure. I was going to paint our (black) nightstand drawers white so they kind of matched, but I haven't gotten to it yet and now I am not sure if it is really necessary...perhaps when I get bored!

5 comments:

kellebelle said...

Yay! So the headboard looks awesome (seriously, what a project!). Way to innovate. And that picture with the girls really is cute (even you and Nick)--Olivia's smile is perfect! I think that Cora got the same Easter dress as Isabelle. Incidentally, I'm also thinking about having Cora go as Alice for Halloween this year. Gotta love cute little blonds! :)

Marae said...

love the headboard! and your nieces are ver ver cute. and, you're looking gorgeous as usual!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

I love the make believe games when you get to take a nap!!! Belle was lucky to have both Honey Nick and Gordie to play for a little while! Love the pic of you guys with the girls too!

And the headboard turned out great!

Katie Lewis said...

Whoa whoa! What a great idea! Great job Alex!

Katie Lewis said...

Oh, and I have to agree with Marae. Your nieces are adorable!