Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Make mine a double

So I have decided that my first triathlon should really be a biathlon instead. I was quite nervous about the swimming and just didn't have the time or weather to train enough before I needed to register. So I made an executive decision to skip the swimming this time. There are many mini-tris in the area throughout the summer and I am going to find one later in the summer to complete in full.

On another note, Nick has been sick and he took his very first sick day yesterday...like in his whole professional career! Too bad it was because he was actually sick...I cleaned the house while he tried to do a bit of work from home and then we watched The Fugitive before I had to go to work.

Today I cleaned out my closet...at least part of it. Part of the closet belongs to you-know-who and he would notice if I "cleaned" his side. But I pulled out all sorts of things that were hard to say goodbye to and tossed them- sometimes you just need to. I feel better already.

Other than that we don't really have much to report, nor do we have any cool pictures. Perhaps May will be more exciting...

4 comments:

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

I love to clean out my closet too...although Ben would never notice if I threw all his clothes away.

Hope you two are both feeling better.

Tee said...

Sometimes you just have to make those big decisions...save the swimming for later!

Good job on the closet. That's a hard thing for me to do. I (Tiff) am such a packrat!

Feel better Nick!

kellebelle said...

Way to make the call -- biathlon will be great!

Hope you're getting all that sickness out now so you will both feel well for your big events in May!

Katie Lewis said...

Ah, the closet clean-out. Makes me miss being your roommate. :) Good luck with the triathlon - the tri + a bi.