Friday, March 26, 2010

Celebrate Good Times!

First off, thank you for everyone who commented on the last post...it was great to see that there are actually other people that read our blog :) (And it cured my little fit I was having about never getting any comments!)
Nicholas and I have had a couple of great things happen at our jobs recently. First, Nicholas was awarded the Project Accountant of the Year Award for his office. They took his picture and sent out a big release. They also gave him a nice glass block, etched with his name, for his award along with a giftcard to a great chain of restaurants down here.
I was very excited (finally someone other than myself noticed all of the hard work and late nights!) and so I made a few signs for him to find when he came home :)
We celebrated with a toast of Martinellis cider (a leftover bottle from Katrina & Gordon's wedding!) Last week we went out to Texas Roadhouse with my parents to celebrate and Nick indulged in steak and ribs while watching March Madness...I think he is getting too spoiled! :)
I also had a big accomplishment at work this last week- I completed my Associate Bronze Instructor Certification. Basically I had to demonstrate that I could dance, teach, and technically/theoretically understand 10 dances (5 steps in each with anywhere from 2-5 variations on each step, both as a man and a lady). It has definitely taken some work for me to become proficient in Foxtrot, Waltz, Tango, Cha Cha, Rumba, Swing, Hustle, Mambo, Merengue, and Samba. I was nervous about the last part I had to do in front of my boss; when I got home that day Nicholas had brought me the most beautiful tulips to congratulate me. :) I think he is trying to win husband of the year again...however Koshka is not currently in the running for cat of the year because she ate a few of the tulips while we were sleeping. All in all though, we have had a good couple of weeks!

5 comments:

kellebelle said...

Way to go, you two! And I love the show of support for each other. :)
Had to laugh about Koshka eating the tulips, though...go figure.

Callie said...

That's great! Good job all around. Andrew and I were talking only this morning about how we miss having you two around. Keep up the good work.

Emily said...

Beautiful flowers! Congratulations to both of you!

Katie Lewis said...

Whoa whoa! Congratulations to both of you! :)

LWV said...

Very commendable, you two! As for little Miss Koshka...it sounds like she deserves a "Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer Award." ;)