Wednesday, March 17, 2010

TRIATHLON!


Saturday, May 22nd, 2010

400 M Swim, 12 Mile Bike, 3.3 Mile Run

Three years ago I did the impossible- due to the Christensen Family Challenge I became a runner. Now I am not a fast runner, but I have completed a few races...including one half marathon that was more than enough! However as I have plateaued, I have been looking for ways to kick my rear in gear again. That is why I am proud to announce to the world (and thus really committing to follow through with it) that I will be participating in a mini/sprint triathlon at the end of May!

I have managed to talk two girls at work into doing it with me, however none of us have actually signed up yet...so we will see who actually crosses that finish line! Nicholas is thinking about doing it as well, however he is taking the GMAT the Saturday before the race and therefore doesn't know if he can't fit it into his schedule to prepare for both. Hopefully this won't be my only tri (I am hoping it isn't that terrible) so he could maybe join me on another one.

Now my only real goal is to finish...no drowning aloud! I begin my official training schedule next week...so wish me luck and stay tuned for updates about how tired I am! :)

2 comments:

nick said...

I'm so proud of you for committing to doing this...not only verbally to me, but on the blog for everyone to see! You're definitely motivation for me, my love! Whatever help I can give, I'll give it!

Diana said...

I'm impressed that you would willing do that to yourself. I have absolutely no interest, but admire those who do. Good luck. BTW--when do we get pics of the headboard that you told me about?