Saturday, July 4, 2009

Nick is 26 - Part II

For Nicholas's birthday, we stayed in and made dinner with each other...a favorite activity of ours.  I surprised Nick with a special cake for his big day...and we were so impressed with how it turned out that I took many pictures.  

It was a checkerboard cake (yellow and chocolate cake) with chocolate frosting and Skittles to make a 26 on top.  It sure was yummy!  I had just enough extra cake batter to make 4 cupcakes...so I frosted them and spelled "Nick" with Skittles.

Also, here is Nick in his new apron (for those of you who couldn't see it well in the other birthday pictures).

It was so fun to celebrate his birthday together!









2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

That apron is extremely awkward.

Loni said...

I want a piece of that cake. It looks so yummy! I'm not sure about the apron, maybe that is something just for Alee's eyes to see. HeHe. :)

Happy birthday Nic! Looks like a good one!