Sunday, July 19, 2009

Last weekend, part 2




After the Space Center, we went down to the Kemah boardwalk to walk around and have some dinner.  The water looked very inviting after a long, hot day!  It was actually a really fun time because it was Nick's first time to see the Gulf!  We ran right next to the water for our half-marathon a few months ago, but we didn't get to see that much of the actual Gulf.  So it was fun to go walk along the boardwalk...we didn't play any games or ride on any of the carnival rides, but we did have a delicious dinner at Joe's Crab Shack and watch a performer juggle fire and such while kids ran through the splash pad to a live band.  It was kind of a wild night for us!

5 comments:

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

We haven't been down to the Gulf for a while. Sounds like fun! You had a busy weekend!!!

Tee said...

Wow, that sounds awesome. One of the perks of living on the coast I assume. By the way Nick, you're looking as fit as ever! You should dig up that old, bright yellow muscle shirt of yours. Aw yeah.

Katie Lewis said...

1 point to Nick for the argyle.

Okay, now I REALLY want to come visit you guys. I mean, I have wanted to come visit Houston ever since you and I were roommates, Alex, and I have wanted to go even more ever since you moved down there and left me here in boring old Provo, but now that I have seen all the fun things there are to do there I really really really want to come visit. You might have to schedule us in for a trip sometime after this baby is born.

alee said...

Gladly Katie! Come on down!

nick said...

Mark, thanks for bringing back that nice memory of that muscle shirt...glad to know I can look fit now, though, without having to wear that one still!