Sunday, July 19, 2009

Last weekend, part 1





Houston, we have a problem.  No, not really. :)  

Of course Nicholas and I are dying to brag about our perfect new addition, but first I wanted to post pictures of last weekend or I may never get to it.

Since Nick and I both went in to his office and worked the Friday of the July 4th holiday, we took it off the next week and decided to see some of the sights.  First we headed off to the Johnson Space Center down by the coast.  We had fun looking around at the exhibits and artifacts, seeing some

cool footage, and even visiting a Saturn 5 rocket and Mission Control.  

The pictures are of  Nick pretending to float like the astronaut above him, us touching a moon rock, Nick wearing a space helmet,  the Saturn 5 rocket (over 30 stories when it is stood upright...these are the ones used in the Apollo missions), both of us on the tram taking a tour of NASA, Nicholas by the big engine things on the back of the Saturn 5 rocket, and me being "I Dream of Jeanie" by the space capsule above (does anyone else remember the intro to that show where she finds her "master" in one of those?)


4 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

I'll meet you by the neutron star.

Tara said...

I like your shorts!

Tara said...

& I like Nick's shirt too! What would you guys do without my good shopping sense...CSS, SERIOUSLY!

nick said...

You looked really cute that day, Alee :)