Saturday, June 27, 2009

It is not my fault.

It really isn't.  We both assumed that the invitation was for both of us.  So when we got there and there were only guys, I had to leave and kill time.  And the outlets were so close...the only thing that close really.  So it really isn't my fault that I had to spend time with stores having really great sales...and thus bought lots of stuff.  It just isn't!

At least this time I had a car and could make a get away.  Today was way better than the time in 7th grade where I showed up at the party (that I was invited to) a day early.  And of course I made my parents drive away before I rang the doorbell.  Then I had to lie and say I was just in the neighborhood and thought I would come by to tell Heather in person that I would be at her party tomorrow just to save face.  And after they showed me to the door I had to walk around to everyone's house I knew to try and hitch a ride home.  But no one was home and I eventually ended up at home- miles away from Heather's house.  But I didn't have keys...I didn't drive and my parents were the ones picking me up.  So I tried to fit in the tiny opening in the garage that was left open for our cat.  Of course I got stuck and had to back out.  Then I was forced to go to the nerdy kid's house the next neighborhood over and watch Charmed with her until my parents finally got home and checked the answering machine.  Because this was before everyone and their dog had a cell phone.  The worst part of this story is that I had to go to stupid Heather's party the next night and act like it was all cool.  (It is much nicer to type this story...when I tell it in person I usually  end up in tears because it was so traumatic and then laugh because it is in "hindsight" where everything painful seems funnier.)

So at least it wasn't that bad today.  But nevertheless, it was not my fault that I had to go shopping.  Just not my fault.

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Hahahahaha!! That is one of my favorite stories from your childhood. Haha. Hope you had fun shopping! And it really isn't your fault. After all, Nick knew what you were when he picked you up. :)

Cameron and Jenny Webb said...

Oh my gosh, Alee. That is so funny. I love that story about the birthday party...I mean, in my opinion, that one was more your parents fault than yours! When you're only 12 or whatever, you really can't be held accountable for dates and times, etc, etc! LOL.