Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday Nicholas Dear! Part One


WOO HOO!  Today Nicholas enters his late twenties...he is officially 26 and an old man now! :) (Okay, so I know that isn't old, but I like to give him a hard time about it.)  We began the celebration last night when my parents and I met him at Carinos for dinner.  It was very delicious.  Then we came back to our home and had cupcakes and opened the presents my parents had for him.  


He didn't want to open his presents early, but they are going out of town and so he wanted to open theirs while they could still be here.  He got a very nice polo (which he wore to work today), some athletic socks (our family is always encouraging running :) ), a cool lunchbox/bag made out of the stuff wetsuits are made of (no more brown paper bags!), a tool set (woohoo!  we finally have a hammer!), and a very chic apron that I can guarantee you will be seeing for years to come ;)


This morning I made cinnamon rolls (well, I bought the can and Nick popped it and then I put them in the oven) and played Nick some birthday songs off of the computer from the Children's Hymnbook.  I sent him out the door with some birthday cupcakes to take to his "friends" at work- yellow cake, chocolate frosting, and skittles on top...of course.   I went down to meet him for lunch today...and there are a few more surprises but you will have to wait until he discovers them!  I have to work this evening so I tried to make coming home to an empty house on his birthday a little more exciting.  Stay tuned!

(Before)
(During)
(After)

5 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Happy Birthday Nick! I'm glad you finally have a new apron! Haha. :)

nick said...

Yeah, this apron is a little more manly than my blue with stars apron. Thanks, Katie!

And these surprises have been great so far!

alee said...

Hehehe...isn't he cute? I love looking at these pics!

kellebelle said...

Happiest of b-days, little bro!

I also have to share with you this little scene that played out the other day.

Camilla, crying out in her sleep: Mom! Mom!
Me: What's wrong, sweetie?
Camilla, whining: Last night cake (?) wasn't in my sandwich!
Me: Oh really?
Camilla, dozing off back to sleep: Yeah...

Moral of the story: Camilla was dreaming about a sandwich! Just wanted you to know that you're not alone. :)

Tee said...

Happy birthday, Nick! 26 feels really old to me! I can't believe I'm there....Mark is 27 now, too! Ack!

The cupcakes turned out really cute! And I can't really tell what's on that apron, but it sure looks saucy! lol