Friday, April 17, 2009

1, 2, 3, 4, tell me that you love me more...

(The title is taken from a Feist song in case you were wondering!)

Well, yesterday Nicholas and I marked our first six months together as a married couple...and what a fun and busy six months it has been!  I spent all day at the
studio and when I returned home at about 9:30pm I found Nicholas waiting with some beautiful irises!  It completely caught me off-guard, thus I awarded him with another "Husband of the Year" point. :)

I am looking forward to tonight for our real celebration- an old fashioned date complete with dinner and a movie.  I have been wanting to see "17 Again" for weeks and Nick promised to take me tonight.  

Until then, however, I have been enjoying a lazy day in the apartment.  It is threatening to storm- thunder, lightning, and really dark clouds- and so I have resolved to staying in today.  I put on my "greys" (lounge pants) and my old Foo Fighters t-shirt and have been crafting all morning; I like to tell myself that this is my reward for getting so much done earlier in the week!  (Plus I did run 5 miles this morning...so that merits a reward, right?)

On another note, we have been quite busy lately (perhaps another reason I am enjoying my down time today so much!)  Nicholas has been crazy-busy with work for the last few weeks trying to close out both month-end and quarter-end.  I am thankful that it is over and now I get to see him in daylight again!  

We also went camping for the Easter weekend- check my mom or Amy's blog for more on that.   It was fun, but rainy
 so we didn't get to spend as long as we would have liked enjoying our new camping gear; that just means planning another camping trip sometime!  (Which is fine with me- I figured out how to make fruit-filled empanadas over the campfire...yummy!)

Nick's oldest sister Erin had her first baby- a little boy named Andrew Joshua- this last Wednesday and so we have been having fun talking with them and anxiously awaiting
 more and more pictures.  We are just so happy that everything went well and we have a healthy new mom, dad, and baby in the family!

Other highlights from the last couple of weeks include the following:  I had a few busy days getting a larger-than-normal edition of DanceBeat ready to send to the publishers earlier-than-normal; I re-organized our closet and made my first wreath when a burst of spring-cleaning-fever hit me; Nicholas and I saw a doctor for a checkup (we were both awarded a clean bill of health) and are heading to the dentist this weekend; Radlee (my car) got an oil change, wash & vacuum, and new serpentine belt; I had a mini-shopping spree at Banana Republic (thanks to great deals and the priesthood session of conference!); Nick and I celebrated his day off for Good Friday with a barbeque and a few episodes of The Office; and I have been working on keeping my miles to 8-minutes a piece.  

Wish us luck tonight that we don't get carried away in a flood while we are out on the town!

Until next time...

2 comments:

Loni said...

Your wreath is very springy. I like it. And I love your Iris', so pretty!

kellebelle said...

Good job on the flowers, Nick! Fun to hear what's been keeping you both busy, as always.