Monday, April 6, 2009

A few good days...

Friday night Nicholas and I decided to do something a little different.  Redbox is fun, but we wanted something a little more active than just watching a flick.  I found out that we could go ice skating at a place not too far from our apartment and so we headed out once Nick got home from work on Friday for the rink's "Friday Night Live".

It was pretty funny- we were definitely the oldest ones there with the exception of a few parents.  It took us way back to middle school :)  Since it was the special "Friday Night Live" and not just an open skate, the lights were turned down low and they had a strobe light going.  They also had a fog machine and hip music playing pretty loud.  They also played a few games and had some races on the ice.  It took us awhile to leave the wall, but we soon were practicing stopping like they do in hockey (Nick) and going backwards (Alex).  It was definitely a funny thing to do, but we had a great time and I never fell (and Nick only did a few times! ;)

Thursday night I didn't have any lessons and was excited to spend a night at home.  I begged Nick to come home from work at a reasonable time and promised that I would make dinner and help him with work afterwards.  I made us steak and mashed potatoes and asparagus and we both thought it was far too pretty to eat; luckily we were both starving and dug in as soon as I took a picture to document that I did at one time cook a meal that looked delicious.

And it was delicious!  The steak was very very very good and asparagus just can't be beat!  Nick cleaned up and then we got to work...I am very good at putting ledgers in order and such.  We finished off the night with a homemade chocolate shake and called it a night.  What a fun couple of days!

3 comments:

kellebelle said...

Mmmm! Yummy!

Spencer and I went disco skating a few times when we were dating / newly married. (He's really good at roller blading... I am not... it's a sight to see!) I can't remember when I last went ice skating. But I think it would be fun to take the kids. Rumor has it that they'll let you take a stroller on the ice down at The Peaks. One of these days...

Katie Lewis said...

1. For a long date...
2. That dinner looks SO good. If we weren't going out to eat with Bryan's whole extended family tonight I would be really depressed about not getting to eat your steak.
3. I think we have the same plates. Target?

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Your dinner looks super yummy!!! We want to come over for dinner!