Monday, January 19, 2015

JUNE!

June at 5 months...

15 lbs 5 oz
26 inches

Such a smiler!  This sweet girl is always so happy and smiles to anyone who will look her way.  She definitely has a gift for being happy.


 Holy roller!  Do not put this baby down and walk away...she is a rolling machine!  I can't remember exactly when she started rolling, but she has mastered it in the last couple of weeks and often barrell-rolls across the whole room.  The other day she had rolled across her entire bedroom floor and was stuck under her crib while I was putting her laundry away.  She most often rolls on to her side or belly to sleep these days too.


 Sleep...oh boy.  We were having a hard go with sleeping for awhile...I guess I just forgot about the transition from the newborn-easy-to-sleep phase to the we-have-to-teach-her-how phase.  She was a great sleeper at first for a couple of months but then it turned ugly and we ended up taking turns holding her most of the night...mostly because we were lazy and had a really comfy recliner this time.  Then we held off "sleep training" because we were going to be traveling for Christmas.  The new year brought some hard nights for all of us but I am happy to say that she is doing much better now and we are all getting more rest now...even if it isn't always in our bed :)  We aren't home free yet, but there has been lots of improvement here.


Above is June's first ever ponytail!  I can't remember when that happened...some time before Christmas.  Her hair is definitely growing and is pretty much too long now to just be combed up into a little mohawk curl.  I have to pull it into a ponytail or she kind of looks like Einstein.  Today we tried her very first curlers though...but that deserves a whole separate post someday!


Santa brought June some mum-mums (rice snack cracker type things) and one day out of curiosity I gave one to her...and she ate just about the whole thing!  Guess she was really for food!  So we hurried to Kroger and bought a plethora of baby food and started her on some cereal that night.  She doesn't love it yet, but she is getting better about eating it...and no matter what the pediatrician says I swear it helps her sleep!  Leo can't wait for her to try bananas and thinks it is so fun for her to eat with him.  I gave her sweet potatoes just recently too and she liked them a lot more than the cereal.


  Junie is getting better at being child #2.  We endured the cry-every-minute-in-the-car phase and now she happily rides back there with Leo and will even fall asleep in her car seat...something I thought I may never see again.  She is (slightly) getting used to being on Leo's schedule...and he is getting used to having a few things different now that June is here.  I don't think he minds much; there has only been a time or two he has put up a fuss about things because he just loves her so much.  They are so cute together; he loves to play patty-cake with her and when he starts laughing at something she starts to giggle too.  I love it!


What else?  She is getting really good at playing with toys and reaches for anything to put in her mouth.  So far she seems to really like stuffed animals.  She has a habit of pulling her hair while she nurses.  She has the tiniest feet.  I mean tiny!  I can hardly keep anything on them because they are so thin and narrow.  She is starting to love peek-a-boo.  She loves bathing with Leo and likes to kick and splash a bit now.  We still swaddle her but she breaks out like one minute after we lay  her down to roll to her side and grab her nuk.  She is definitely a momma's girl...but I'm alright with that for now because I miss her when I haven't held her for a few hours!  However she really loves Daddy too and always grins so big when she catches his eye...which she is always trying to do if he is in view!

No one loves June more than Leo does and I can tell she loves him too already.  I can't wait to see them grow up together.  It will be fun to see their personalities and relationship grow.  It is hard to believe she has been here 5 months already.  We are so lucky to have her in our family!

1 comment:

EVM said...

June is so darling! I am just aching to meet her and see those smiles for myself. I love that June and Emma are close enough in age that they will (hopefully) enjoy playing together in coming years.