Monday, April 30, 2012

We are under the weather here.  Nuts.  I was hopeful it was a new tooth or six making a debut (he has got to get them soon right?  He only has 6 still!) however when I got the cough and sore throat, etc. I figured that we both have the same thing.  At least Nick hasn't caught it...yet.  I'm sure he is waiting for finals next week :)

In other news, I'm on day one of the Special K challenge...it can't hurt, right?  Lots of the baby weight came off without much effort...then with just a few pounds to go the scale started going the other way and hasn't looked back since no matter how much I exercise or skip treats or what.  Guess it is time to do something drastic, although I hate that because it is terribly inconvenient to change.  Oh well...gotta do something different to get something different!  So I'm doing this little challenge for two weeks to break up with food and then we'll go from there.  We have been trying harder lately to eat well and I was proud of myself that at least half of my grocery cart today was produce...oh how I wish I could garden!  Someday I am going to have a big garden :)  But for now I can at least buy a lot of produce!  (p.s. Bought the first watermelon of the season today!  Yum!  I think I have already eaten like 1/4 of the monstrous thing!)

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Sorry you're not feeling so hot. But good for you with the produce. I'm totally coveting your watermelon.

Sarah said...

Alex! So with Evie I lost lots of baby weight quickly and then by 6-8 months a few pounds started creeping back even though I didn't change my eating habits and I had started working out regularly. I didn't think much of it but when I got regular blood work done at my annual physical we found out I had postpartum thyroiditis. It resolved on its own by the time Evie was a year-ish so you may be past the window where it could be a factor in what's going on with you, but it may be worth asking your regular doctor about just in case. It's a simple blood test to diagnose, and if it's really an issue they can give you meds until it resolves.
I posted about it on our blog here: http://spencerandsarahshore.blogspot.com/2010/04/postpartum-thyroiditis.html